How to Extract Notes from iPhone iTunes Backup 100% Free
Regularly syncing the iPhone with iTunes not only updates the device with music, photos and other multimedia stored on your computer, but also backs up data stored on the iPhone onto the computer. Your iPhone notes suddenly disappeared or lost? Don’t worry. Whatever the reason, if you’ve synced iPhone with iTunes before, you still have the chance to get notes from iPhone backup.
Part 1. Restore Notes from iPhone Backup (Risk of Overwriting)
iOS users know how convenient it is to make and restore backups through iTunes. However, to restore Notes from backup through iTunes in a really feasible manner, there are some things you need to keep in mind:
- Don’t sync your iPhone with iTunes after notes disappeared or lost. Or the iTunes backup file will be updated and you lose the chance to retrieve notes from iPhone Backup. iTunes only keeps one normal backup per iOS device, so you may want to disable automatic backup on iTunes > Edit > Preferences > Devices before connecting your device to computer.
- Make sure you have a recent iTunes backup available. To check when your iPhone’s last backup was, just go to iTunes > Edit > Preferences > Devices, and you’ll see a list of the available iTunes backups and the data when they were created. However, if the default location of iTunes backup on your computer was changed, the list may be empty even though you did have available backups.
Now that you have located a suitable backup, it is possible to restore notes from iPhone backup. Nevertheless, please acknowledge that it’s not recommended to restore iPhone from backup via iTunes, which will overwrite data currently existing on your iPhone with the contents in the backup. This means you will lose photos, videos, contacts, messages and more created after the backup was generated. So, is there any workaround?
Part 2. Best Solution: Free iPhone Backup Extractor for Notes
To avoid the risk of data overwriting, you’d better use a third-party tool – Free iPhone Backup Extractor. It is a free tool dedicated to extract notes from iTunes backup created for iPhone 6/7/8/X/11/12, iPad and iPod. Besides, you are able to preview the notes and recover the ones you want. The program can also extract and recover contacts, messages, photos, videos from iPhone backup.
Easy 3 Steps to Extract and Retrieve Notes from iPhone Backup
Download and install the free iPhone Backup Extractor on your computer and then follow the instruction below to extract iPhone Notes from backup for free.
- Step 1. Run the program and you will see all iTunes backups located on your computer. Select the one that contains your lost notes and tap “Next”.
- Step 2. Now you can select Notes from the listed file types, then click on “Next” to access notes from iPhone backup.
- Step 3. Preview the found notes in detail after scanning, and click “Recover” to save them on your computer
- If you want to extract Notes from iTunes backup 100% free, make sure to select Notes only on the second screen where you’re supposed to Specify File Types.
- On the Home screen, you can click “Select” button to manually specify the location of your iTunes backup in case of previous modification or moving on the default path.
If you have no backup file or the backup file is too old, what should you do? Take it easy. iPhone Data Recovery can help you retrieve notes by directly scanning your iPhone. Give it a try!