How to Extract Photos from iPhone Backup Free
Help! I made an iTunes backup for my iPhone 6 before resetting it two years ago, and now I have an iPhone 12. However, iTunes refuses to restore the old backup to my new iPhone. Obviously, iTunes also doesn’t allow users to access the real files in computers. Is there any way to extract photos and videos from iPhone backup? So that I can put them in my iPhone 12.
Actually, in the daily life, iPhone users often suffer photo loss due to various reasons, such as, accidental deletion, formatting, system crash, virus attack, factory settings restore, jailbreak, etc. Are you looking for a way to get your precious pictures back? Don’t worry. Here we strongly recommend you a powerful iPhone data recovery application, iPhone Backup Extractor Freeware, which can help you extract and recover photos from iPhone Backup free.
Main Features of Jihosoft Free iPhone Backup Extractor:
- Retrieve not only iPhone photos, but also messages, contacts, call history, videos, notes, WhatsApp, and more from iTunes backup.
- Support iTunes backup made from all popular iOS devices, including iPhone 13/12/11/X/8/7/6/SE, iPad and iPod.
- Preview all scanned data in detail and selectively recover specified photos or other data that you exactly need.
- Recognize all local backups stored in Windows & Mac computers.
Easy Steps to Extract and Recover Photos from iPhone Backup
Step1. Open the free iTunes Backup Photo Extractor and choose an iPhone backup file.
Note: In case your backup is not detected automatically, please click Select button specify the location manually. The default path of iTunes backup in Windows PC: \Users\(username)\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup\
Step2. To extract photos from iTunes backup, you can select Camera Roll, Photo Stream and App Photos from the listed file types. Of course, you can still choose “select all” to scan all data in the backup.
Step3. After scanning, preview and mark the photos you need, then click on the “Recover” button.
- While using this freeware, if your iTunes backup is encrypted, you should input the password to scan the backup file. And you need to upgrade to the Pro version to export and save photos to your computer.
- To prevent accidental photo loss from iPhone, regular backup is necessary and of great significance. Besides Apple iTunes and iCloud, you can make good use of iPhone Data Transfer to backup iPhone photos and other data. Also, you can restore data to iPhone from backup with ease.
- If you don’t have any available iPhone backup, how to retrieve lost photos? Don’t worry. iPhone Data Recovery will help you restore photos from iPhone directly or from iCloud backup. What you need to do is connect your iPhone to the computer and let the program scan your device deeply, or simply log in your iCloud account on the program without connecting your iPhone.
Bonus Tip: Extract Pictures from iCloud Drive
In addition to iTunes, iCloud is another useful tool for iOS users to back up their important data. When you delete a photo, which has been synced to iCloud, from your device, it is not removed from iCloud immediately. Hence, you can restore and download the lost photos from iCloud. However, this method only works for restoring iPhone photos deleted within 30 days.
Steps to Extract Pictures from iCloud:
- Step 1. Visit icloud.com on your computer.
- Step 2. Log in with your Apple ID and password.
- Step 3. Click Photos.
- Step 4. Select the photo you want to restore and download it to your computer.
- Step 5. Repeat the above steps to restore more files.
In this tutorial, we introduced a proven method for extracting and restoring photos, videos and more data from iPhone iTunes backup. Now, you don’t need a physical iOS device in order to restore data from iTunes backup, which will not mess up the existing data in your device. Don’t hesitate to share us your opinions and experience in the comment section.