4 Easy Ways to Print Photos from iPhone
There’s nothing more satisfying than holding precious pictures in your hand or even seeing them displayed as an artwork on the wall. Now people increasing like to take photos with the iPhone due to its powerful camera and portability. But do you know how to print these photos from your iPhone? You can print out pictures from the iPhone to an AirPrint-compatible printer. But what if you don’t have a print that supports AirPrint? Don’t worry. This post will also show you some workarounds to print photos from iPhone without AirPrint printer.
- art 1. Print Photos from iPhone via AirPrint-Enabled Printer
- Part 2. Print Out Pictures from iPhone with Non-AirPrint Printer
- Part 3. Print Pictures from iPhone Backup on Computer
- Part 4. Print iPhone Pictures with Third-party Photo Printer Apps
Part 1. Print Photos from iPhone via AirPrint-Enabled Printer
The Photo app on your iPhone lets you do almost anything with the stored pictures, including printing them with built-in AirPrint, which is the default option for printing documents and photos from your iOS device. All you need here is a printer compatible with AirPrint. Follow the steps below to print pics from iPhone to an AirPrint-enabled printer.
- Open up the Photo app on your iPhone.
- Click on the photo that you would like to print.
- Tap on the Share button in the lower left-hand corner.
- Select “Print” from the last bar of icons.
- Tap on Print and the iPhone will automatically detect AirPrint-enabled printers nearby.
- Enter the number of copies that you like to print and tap on Print.
Part 2. Print Out Pictures from iPhone with Non-AirPrint Printer
It doesn’t matter if your printer is not AirPrint-compatible. You can download and install the app that comes with the printer on your iPhone, and then you can print pictures from iPhone as easily as using AirPrint.
- Connect your printer to the wireless network.
- Open the App Store on your iPhone, then search and install the app from your printer manufacture.
- Launch the app and follow instructions to complete the registration. Then tap the Add Printer button to search for available printers.
- When your printer is detected, tap it.
- Select the Photo Print option, which allows you to browse the photos on your iPhone.
- Select the photos that you want to print. If needed, change print settings.
- Tap the Print button to get selected photos printed out.
Part 3. Print Pictures from iPhone Backup on Computer
Yet not everyone will has an AirPrinter at home. It’s kind of expensive to have a wireless printer exclusively for printing photos as the ordinary ones fit daily need. Hence besides wireless photo printers with AirPrint, we also recommend you to print iPhone pictures on a printer connected to your computer. But you should transfer photos from the iPhone to your computer first.
If you have backed up your iPhone to iTunes before, you may print the photos from an iPhone backup on the computer. No restoring is required here. You can extract photos from iPhone backup to the computer with iPhone Backup Extractor, and then print iPhone pictures out. This tool also allows you to extract many other data from iPhone backup, including contacts, text messages, notes, etc. and print them out.
- Sync your iPhone with the latest version of iTunes on your computer.
- Launch iPhone Photo Extractor and select the new iPhone backup file that you just made.
- Select “Camera Roll”, “Photo Stream” and “App Photos” on the File Type Page, and click Next to scan.
- After scanning, preview and check the photos that you want to print and tap on “Recover” to export photos from iPhone backup to pc.
- Open the output folder, select the photos and click “Print” from the top menu (or right-click to access the menu to print).
- Then set up your printer accordingly in the pop-up window.
Follow this method, you can freely set up all the parameter of your printing photos on computer, like printing 4×6 or full page photos from iPhone.
Part 4. Print iPhone Pictures with Third-party Photo Printer Apps
Also, there are some efficient photo printer apps on the iPhone App Store. Most of them are free, like FreePrint, Shutterfly, Walgreens Photo Print, Snapfish and so on. And most of them claim to be free to use, with limited printing numbers monthly or yearly. Generally, you can edit the parameters inside the photo printing app, like changing the photo size to 4×6 or 5×5. The printed photos will be directly delivered to you once you send an order and pay the shipping cost. But before you book any printing, first check if the service is available in your region, and see if the shipping cost is acceptable. Here we take Walgreens app as an example:
- Open the App Store on your iPhone, then download and install the Walgreens app.
- Launch the Walgreens app. Follow the prompts to reach its homepage.
- Tap the Photos option and then choose “Prints”.
- Choose to import photos from your device. You may also import from Facebook, Instagram, Dropbox, etc.
- Select the photos you want to print, then click “Next”.
- Change the size and paper options that you want. Then click “Next”.
- Enter the pickup location.
- Confirm your payment.
Now you have read all four easy ways we have collected to print pictures from the iPhone. Each of them is useful and worth a shot. If your printer is AirPrint-compatible, you can print photos from iPhone to it directly. For a Non-AirPrint printer, you can the app that comes with your printer to print out iPhone pictures. It is also a great option to print pictures from an iPhone backup on your computer. If you don’t have a printer available, you can also place an order on some third-party photo printer apps. We hope this article is useful. Any suggestions are welcomed in the comment section below.