How to Transfer/Sync iTunes Music to Google Nexus 6P/5X
This year Google is hedging its bets with two Nexus phones – the 5.2 Nexus 5X and the 5.7 Nexus 6P, brought by LG and Huawei respectively. Both the new Nexus models launch with Android 6.0 Marshmallow. Do you go Nexus 6P or 5X? If so, you may meet the problem below:
“I just got the new Nexus 6P after years on an iPhone 4, and have all my music and movies in iTunes. Is there any easy way to move all the music from iTunes onto my Nexus? Please advice.”
Don’t worry. Here we’ll show you how to transfer music from iTunes to Google Nexus 6P/6/5X/5 easily.
Part 1: Transfer DRM Free Music from iTunes to Nexus
Option 1: The Manual Way – Copy & Paste
If you only have small amount of music and videos need to transfer, and you don’t want to spend any money on it, you can find the iTunes Media folder and copy the wanted songs and movies, and then paste them to your Nexus 6P/5X.
1. Open iTunes, go to Edit > Preference… > Advanced to check whether you have ticked “Copy files to iTunes Media folder when adding to library”.
2. If so, navigate to the iTunes Media folder: C:\Users\username\Music\iTunes\iTunes media. Then find and open the iTunes music folder.
3. Now connect your Nexus 6P/5X to computer via USB cable, and copy music and videos from iTunes music folder to your Nexus phone.
Option 2: Use iTunes to Android Transfer Tool
When you have large amount of music need to move, the manual way will be a little inconvenient. I suggest you try iTunes to Android Transfer. With it, you can transfer/sync iTunes music and videos to Nexus 6P/6/5X/5 within a few simple clicks.
1. Download, install and run the iTunes to Android Sync tool on your computer.
2. Switch to iTunes to Phone Transfer mode and plug your Nexus 6P/5X to the computer with USB cable.
3. Select the iTunes backup file and mark “Music” from the listed file types, then click on “Start Copy” to begin the transfer.
Part 2: Transfer DRM Protected Music from iTunes to Nexus
If you’ve got many tracks that were purchased from the iTunes Store that date back before 2009, then there’s good chance that they will be copy-protected by Apple’s FairPlay DRM system, which restricts music to be played on Apple’s devices only. You can’t move DRM-protected music from iTunes to Nexus 6P or 5X for playing directly. Please try to remove the DRM from iTunes music firstly, and then follow the steps above to make the sync.