How to Copy Photos from iPhone/iPad to PC in 6 Ways
Apple has built such a perfect ecosystem to make everything smooth that its users often feel uncomfortable when moving to a new computer running in Windows OS. Yes, a lot of iPhone users are confused at how to get their photos from iPhone or iPad to PC. That’s not our or your fault, but it’s time to solve the problem in various ways.
You may get plenty of precious photos storing in your iPhone or iPad, or download large number of images from applications such as Safari or Mail to your device, then you need to transfer the photos to pc to release the device memory. When it comes to moving photos from iPhone to pc, most people would choose to connect their iPhone to computer to directly transfer iPhone pictures to pc through copy and paste. In addition to this way, there remains several free and easy ways to transfer photos from iPhone 6/7/8/9/X/12 as well as iPad Pro/Mini/Air series to a Windows computer.
Method 1. Import Photos from iPhone to PC with Windows Explorer
If you use Windows computer and Android smartphones frequently, then you might have been used to USB connection for data transferring and managing. The thing is a little different when it comes to iPhone, and we can import photos and videos only from iPhone to PC. If that’s exactly what you’re looking for, then just follow the steps below:
- Unlock your iPhone screen and connect it to a PC using a USB cable. Your PC can’t find the device if the device is locked.
- On your PC, click Start button and then select and open Photos app.
- On the app, select Import > From a USB device, then follow the on-screen instructions to import iPhone photos to PC.
Now, you may find that your photos and videos are appearing in your PC. However, the transfer is not that straightforward as you won’t want to experience the Photos app in Windows 10, which is even worse than the previous Windows Photo Viewer.
Method 2. Copy Pictures from iPhone to PC Through iTunes
If you’re used to manage photos and videos with iTunes, then it is also a good choice for transferring photos from iPhone to Windows PC.
- Open iTunes in your PC and connect your iPhone or iPad to it.
- Click the Photos tab and check the box to “Sync Photos from”.
- Choose the application you want to sync photos from in the pop-up menu.
- Choose to sync all folders or selected folders, then click “Apply”.
Note: If you’ve backed up your iPhone or iPad with iTunes, free iPhone Backup Extractor will be helpful to extract photos, videos, contacts, messages from iTunes backup in original quality and readable formats. Don’t hesitate to try it out.
Method 3. Transfer Photos from iPhone/iPad to PC Using Phone Data Transfer
This easy-to-use phone data transfer program allows you to backup almost all types of data from your device to computer.
- After running this program on your computer, click on “Backup Your Phone”.
- Now connect your iPhone or iPad to pc using USB cable, the program will automatically detect your device once it is connected.
- After connection, all data types will be displayed as below. Select “Photos” and click “Start Copy” to start transferring iPhone photos to pc.
Method 4. Copy Photos from iPhone to PC Using Email
- Tap the Photos icon on the Home screen of your iPhone or iPad to launch it.
- Browse through the Albums to find the photos you want to transfer.
- Tap the “Select” button to select five pictures, then tap the Share button.
- Tap Mail. This will open a new message with your selected photos attached. Then access the email on your computer to save the attached photos.
Method 5. Transfer Pictures from iPhone to PC Using Dropbox
- Open the Dropbox app on your iPhone and switch to the Uploads tab.
- Click the + icon and select the photos you need to transfer to computer.
- Choose an upload destination and start to upload photos to Dropbox.
- Get to your computer and access to the photos in your Dropbox folder.
Method 6. Move Photos from iPhone to Computer Using iCloud
- Enable iCloud on your iPhone or iPad in Settings and turn on Photo Stream. All photos you take or import to your iPhone or iPad will automatically upload.
- Open the iCloud Control Panel on your PC and select the checkbox for “Photo Stream”, then click “Apply”.
- In your Windows taskbar, click the “Pictures” menu and select “Photo Stream”.
- Double-click My Photo Stream to view the photos synced from your iPhone or iPad.
In this tutorial, we’ve shared 6 ways for transferring photos and videos from iPhone to Windows PC. We’re sure that there are many other solutions and people have their own best choices, but the options listed above cover the most common ones. Don’t forget share your experience in the comment to help more people.